When someone visits www.hills-motors.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is done to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. Where we do want, or need, in order to provide you with the best possible service, to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be open and honest about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. Where visits come as the result of using a search engine, such as Google, search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Hills Salvage & Recycling Limited or any third party.
What is happening with my data?
- Data collected from registering with us to bid or buy
- Data collected from accessing our applications or websites.
- Data collected to enable us to market our services.
Your data can be deleted at anytime and you can request for us to stop emailing you at any point that you do so wish. ‘Unsubscribe’ links are found in all of our emails for you to use.
- The DVLA if/when we are updating the V5 of a vehicle.
- Shipping companies to collect and depver goods.
- Payment processing companies
- Insurance companies involved in a claim
We DO NOT sell your data to other organisations.
SECURITY & PERFORMANCE
We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Hills Salvage & Recycling Ltd website. To deliver this service, it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the website.
Should you choose to contact us using a contact form on our website or an email link, the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). We use a third party service which encrypts the email content using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the Internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored within our password protected account. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
EMAILS AND LIVE CHAT
We use a third party provider to encrypt and protect our email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
We use a third-party provider, Mail Chimp to deliver our email marketing. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-marketing activity. For more information, please see Mail Chimps privacy notice.
Hills Salvage & Recycling Ltd uses CCTV internally and externally on site as a security measure. Appropriate signage is displayed to inform individuals that CCTV is in operation. CCTV footage is stored securely by a third party service provider and recordings are erased securely every three months.
USE OF INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. Hills Salvage & recycling Ltd will be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a 'subject access request'. If we do hold information about you, we will: • Give you a description of it, • Tell you why we are holding it, • Tell you who it could be disclosed to, and • Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form. To make a request to Hills Salvage & Recycling Ltd for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting us via the address below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Monthly Competitions and More!
Every week, we let you know about the latest vehicles available on our online salvage auction.
Have the chance to be the first to enter our competitions and receive discount codes for our stores.
Be the first to hear about the companies constant growth within the industry as well as insights of the company.
Please fill in the form below for any customer service enquiries
Gerrard Place, East Gillibrands, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9SU
01695 551 973